Here's a topic certainly open for discussion! When is the appropriate time to make the first call and the last call. I remember the "programming" that I received as a young lad...please reference previous blog"I am not a robot..or am I". After meeting someone and exchanging numbers, wait 3 days to call so that you don't look too thirsty. Or here's another one, if someone hasn't returned more than 3 calls, don't call back.
My typical spin is pretty normal for this situation....
Personal experiences to expose myself just for a second....I have made the call too early in the past and made the call after 3 unreturned calls. Did I feel like a loser?...well Yeah!!!
Fortunately and unfortunately, I have a big ego! On the flip side, did I do the same thing...well Yeah!! First call are sometimes the most uncomfortable one..what questions to ask...who leads the conversation blah blah blah....how personal of a question can I get away with?....often times they determine if there are going to be any future calls as well. hint hint...clue clue people...asking about last time they had sex is too fu*****g personal!
The fun situation though...the break up calls. Who gets the last word in on the break up call? When is it acceptable to make a call after the "well f**k it then" or "we don't need to talk anymore" line has been crossed. The answer is....NEVER...atleast not for me anymore!
Recognize your phone etiquette personality traits..most fall into 5 categories
1. Aggressive male-sometimes misconstrued as cocky or controlling...ME, MY, MINE
2. Passive male-almost always a turn off to most women(that's what they tell me)..too much dead air time..fumbles to strike up conversations...
3. Aggressive female-generally talks too much and always likes to have the last word in...or has a comment on every statement made by the male.
4. Passive female-some would say the opposite of aggressive female...but I think not..more like the woman that prefers to follow the lead of the male in the conversation.(GREAT!!!!)
5. Relaxed intensity individual-male or female that understands the flow of the conversation and instinctively modifies to make it a comfort call(The best position)
Of course this is a generality on the topic...based on my perspective!
The alternative to all of this is to just text/IM each other...and never have any phone calls. In that case, you can be whatever or whoever you want to be! Smile...
If you can think of additional number's please share them.
Who's up for the challenge?